[Dixielandjazz] The Best Damn Band --Wow A Big Order

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:40:12 EST

--part1_4b.28dd335f.2b49e41c_boundary

In a message dated 1/5/03 12:28:33 PM Central Standard Time, BudTuba@aol.com
writes:

> I enjoy college bands, but they have so little time to rehearse.  I also
> marvel at the precision of the British Massed Bands in a Tattoo
> performance, but wonder if one of our drum and bugle corps showed up
> whether if a few heads wouldn't turn in amazement.  They are now starting
> their "camps" to recruit new players for the summer season.  It's
> competitive to the highest order.
>
> BTW British friends on the list...have any present day US drum and bugle
> corps performed in GB?  These are very determined amateur musicians many of
> whom never went to college.

   I have asked my Congressman to introduce a bill that will prevent U.S.
Drum Corps from leaving our borders.  This will help protect other countries
from this musical pollution.  Much of Europe has been subjected to a
relentless parade of 'very determined amateur musicians' from endless high
school, college and trad jazz bands on vacation tours.  If these horrid Drum
Corps join this procession this may well bring about a total cutoff of
friendly relations with these countries.

Jim Beebe

--part1_4b.28dd335f.2b49e41c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3>In a message dated 1/5/03 12:28:33 PM Central Standard Time, BudTuba@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I enjoy college bands, but they have so <B>little</B> time to rehearse.&nbsp; I also marvel at the precision of the British Massed Bands in a Tattoo performance, but wonder if one of our drum and bugle corps showed up whether if a few heads wouldn't turn in amazement.&nbsp; They are now starting their "camps" to recruit new players for the summer season.&nbsp; It's competitive to the highest order.<BR>
<BR>
BTW British friends on the list...have any present day US drum and bugle corps performed in GB?&nbsp; These are very determined amateur musicians many of whom never went to college.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I have asked my Congressman to introduce a bill that will prevent U.S. Drum Corps from leaving our borders.&nbsp; This will help protect other countries from this musical pollution.&nbsp; Much of Europe has been subjected to a relentless parade of 'very determined amateur musicians' from endless high school, college and trad jazz bands on vacation tours.&nbsp; If these horrid Drum Corps join this procession this may well bring about a total cutoff of friendly relations with these countries.<BR>
<BR>
Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_4b.28dd335f.2b49e41c_boundary--