[Dixielandjazz] another suggestion

James Kashishian kash@ran.es
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:10:44 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-admin@ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of David Richoux
Sent: domingo, 05 de enero de 2003 19:48
To: dixie
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] a suggestion for "Reply to All" e-mails

Dave Richoux gave a suggestion about addressing emails to DJML.  While
we're making suggestions, I would like to add that it's really nice when
people make something new out of the Subject line when answering a
certain thread....as the thread progresses.  As we all know, threads
have a way of "drifting", and if the same, original subject title is
repeated, one won't know that the subject is actually changing.

As an example, take my subject on this email, which is "another
suggestion", instead of just copying Dave's original subject of "a
suggestion for "Reply to All" e-mails".

The Subject line is really important if you want to lure people into
looking at your post.  For instance, the thread  "The Best Damn Band",
which has dominated DJML the last few days, holds no interest for me
whatsoever, so I've just been deleting them.  It is most likely,
however, that some of those deleted posts have included little gems that
might not even have anything to do with the original subject, and I'm
missing them.

Strictly a suggestion, and one that has been made here several times
before.

Jim