[Dixielandjazz] The Best Damn Band

Asher Ross tubasaur@hotmail.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:43:45 -0500

First I'd like to say that the University of Delaware does in fact have the
best damn band.  And if we don't UDelaware Blue Thunder can still take any
tuba section in the country.  (Or at least thats how this biased UDelaware
tubist sees it)

>one more thing I forgot to mention on this thread - check out the new movie
>"Drumline" for a look at yet another style of college marching band

I saw/heard the band that was in Drumline at the BOA (Bands of America)
Grand Nationals.  For those who don't know BOA is basically a competition
league for high school marching bands.  We (Delaware) played at the
nationals as a college exhibition band and the band from drumline was also
an exhibition band.  They were GOOD, I know marching bands and they were
damn good.

I don't know how the movie is but I know that the more that band plays in
the movie the better it will be.

Asher Ross
University of Delaware
Tuba, Trombone, Euphonium