[Dixielandjazz] The Best Damn Band

JimDBB@aol.com JimDBB@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:25:49 EST

--part1_1ad.e2de9f6.2b491bdd_boundary

In a message dated 1/4/03 11:05:16 PM Central Standard Time,
philor@webone.com.au writes:

> > Sorry, Bill. The "Best Damn Band in the Land" actually belongs to USC
> which,
> > > incidentally, also has the best fight song in the land, "Fight on"
> which, in
> > > 4/4 time lends itself easily to OKUM. BTW, USC is also the "Best Damn
> Team
> > > in the Land." The Trojans are awsome and would chew up OSU in a minute.
> Too
> > > bad we'll never see such a playoff game.
>

> What's a USC?  (I assume it doesn't mean U Silly Creep or something like
> that).
>
> Phil O'Rourke

   University of Southrn California.  He is talking about the University band
that plays for the football games.  This is a ghastly phenomenon
peculiar to the the U.S.   200 college musicians who can't play anything
blasting away in silly tributes and formations.

  Jim Beebe

--part1_1ad.e2de9f6.2b491bdd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3>In a message dated 1/4/03 11:05:16 PM Central Standard Time, philor@webone.com.au writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt; Sorry, Bill. The "Best Damn Band in the Land" actually belongs to USC<BR>
which,<BR>
&gt; &gt; incidentally, also has the best fight song in the land, "Fight on"<BR>
which, in<BR>
&gt; &gt; 4/4 time lends itself easily to OKUM. BTW, USC is also the "Best Damn<BR>
Team<BR>
&gt; &gt; in the Land." The Trojans are awsome and would chew up OSU in a minute.<BR>
Too<BR>
&gt; &gt; bad we'll never see such a playoff game.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
What's a USC?&nbsp; (I assume it doesn't mean U Silly Creep or something like<BR>
that).<BR>
<BR>
Phil O'Rourke</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; University of Southrn California.&nbsp; He is talking about the University band that plays for the football games.&nbsp; This is a ghastly phenomenon<BR>
peculiar to the the U.S.&nbsp;&nbsp; 200 college musicians who can't play anything blasting away in silly tributes and formations.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp; Jim Beebe</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ad.e2de9f6.2b491bdd_boundary--