[Dixielandjazz] The Best Damn Band

David Palmquist davidpalmquist@dccnet.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:36:22 -0800

--=====================_23044172==_.ALT

Modern day band competition?  Check out the Essentially Ellington
competition held annually by Jazz at Lincoln Center.  See
http://www.jazzatlincolncenter.org/prod/elli/index.html

I see there is also an annual competition in Australia now, called
Essentially Ellington Down Under.

David in Delta

At 09:47 04-01-03, JimDBB@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/4/03 11:17:24 AM Central Standard Time,
>futurecon@earthlink.net writes:
>

>>Sorry, Bill. The "Best Damn Band in the Land" actually belongs to USC which,
>>incidentally, also has the best fight song in the land, "Fight on" which, in
>

>    Did you hear about the national University-college band contest?
>
>    Nobody won.

--=====================_23044172==_.ALT

Modern day band competition?&nbsp; Check out the Essentially Ellington
competition held annually by Jazz at Lincoln Center.&nbsp; See
I see there is also an annual competition in Australia now, called
Essentially Ellington Down Under.<br><br>
David in Delta<br><br>
At 09:47 04-01-03, JimDBB@aol.com wrote:<br>
dated 1/4/03 11:17:24 AM Central Standard Time, futurecon@earthlink.net
writes:<br><br>
Band in the Land&quot; actually belongs to USC which,<br>
incidentally, also has the best fight song in the land, &quot;Fight
on&quot; which, in</blockquote><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Did you hear about the national University-college band
contest?<br><br>