[Dixielandjazz] Danceable Jazz

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet@earthlink.net
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 10:26:40 -0500

Margaret Squires wrote:

"As far as Modesto is concerned, if the people are dancing while you're
playing, you have connected with your audience!!"

YEAH!!!  Barbone Street loves to connect via the dancers. We'll go out
on the floor with them to solo right at them, and / or drape mardi gras
beads around their necks. Or shout "Dance like no one is watching",
etc.  Even those not dancing are hopefully swaying by themselves with
big smiles. We connect with them too, with nods of encouragement, smiles
and beads. And this works for ages, 9 to 90, in all venues.

If they have a good time, we have a good time and this energy transfer
goes round and round.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone