[Dixielandjazz] Digby Fairweather

JimDBB at aol.com JimDBB at aol.com
Fri Feb 28 13:24:53 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/28/03 11:51:10 AM Central Standard Time,
maurice.walker at gwl.com writes:

> > Bob Ringwald writes:
>
> My favorite Jazz name is Digby Fairweather.  I once bought an LP of his in
> London to play on my weekly radio show in the Los Angeles area, just so
> that
> I could say his name on the radio.
> >>

> Digby Fairweather!  That almost give me goose bumps.  What does/did he
> play,
> Bob?
>
> Maurie Walker

   Digby Fairweather is one of England's top jazz trumpet players.
Stylistically he is quite versatile and sits right in the middle of the great
tradition.  Digby is also a top jazz radio 'Presenter' with his own fine
weekly show on the BBC radio in London.

  Jim Beebe