[Dixielandjazz] How many working OKOM bands in US?

Charles Coleman charliew8fim at ncool.net
Thu Feb 27 13:18:36 PST 2003

Hi, Listmates:      I would really like to know how many OKOM bands there are in  the continental United States have steady gigs?   Leslie Johnson does a great job with the Mississippi Rag, listing festivals, where bands are playing ... but I know that  there are many more working bands that aren't listed.      It would be great to have a directory listing all working bands, venues, times, telephone numbers.   A directory such as this would be invaluable for travelers who want to find local jazz.    Who would compile such a directory?    It would be difficult to keep current due to the whims of club owners, but it could be a useful tool to help publicize jazz, especially OKOJ.

Respectfully submitted,   Charlie "Support Live Jazz" Coleman, IAJRC, FIGA, COHJS

ps.    Looking forward to meeting "The Boondockers" at the INTERNATIONAL WASHBOARD FESTIVAL in Logan, Ohio on June 13 -15.  (You know who you are!)