[Dixielandjazz] RE: What did L. Armstrong play?

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Feb 27 00:35:39 PST 2003

Who needs a drummer--Turk Murphy made many fine OKOM records sans drummer,
and the performance I saw live didn't have a drummer, just occasional
washboard played by Turk, and Chinese tom by the banjo player.

Some of the 20s classic jazz was 2-beat, and to me didn't "swing", but so
what, it still was jazz!!

--Sheik