[Dixielandjazz] Fame

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Wed Feb 26 10:41:45 PST 2003

>    From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
>    Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] Grammys and OKOM

>    Steve,
>    I think this is a self-fulfilling prophecy kind of thing.
>    The general public tends to like what they are fed...

Yes, Ron, and Steve has discovered how to feed it to them so that they like
it and come back for more. Did anyone get the important point he was making?
Why not take him seriously?
To me, it doesn't make sense to ignore or make fun of someone who is sharing
a successful recipe with you -- unless you've tried it and it flopped.
Before dismissing and badmouthing, be fair: Try it. Have some fun with it!
Adjust the recipe to suit your taste. Who knows what might come of it?