[Dixielandjazz] awards

David Story daveplaysthepiano at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 11:40:59 PST 2003

Grammy rules: someone has to nominate you. Next year arrange to have
numerous OKOM cds nominated, no kidding.

Hell, I think you can nominate yourself.

Thank you,

David Story

The Mystery Grammy Nominee Just how did a singer by the name of Eartha get
nominated for a Grammy for Best Female R&B Artist? "The raw numbers tell
quite a story. The albums from which Aaliyah, Ashanti, Blige and Scott's
nominated songs were taken have sold a collective 7 million copies,
according to Nielsen SoundScan. The total sales in SoundScan-surveyed
outlets for Eartha's album, 'Sidebars': 52. You didn't hear her on radio,
either. Her nominated song, 'I'm Still Standing,' did not appear among the
top 1,000 songs played on R&B or adult R&B radio stations in 2002." USAToday
01/27/03
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2003-01-27-eartha_x.htm

The First Step Is Yours Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams, the songwriting and
producing team known around the world as the Neptunes, were considered
shoo-ins for a Grammy nomination for producer of the year, non-Classical
category. But when the nominations were announced, industry insiders were
shocked their names were not on the list. What happened? They forgot to
enter... The New York Times 01/14/03

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/arts/14NEPT.html