[Dixielandjazz] Bands in the 1950's

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 15:48:17 PST 2003

Hi all,

In answer to the question about jazz bands back in the 50s Rae Ann answers:
,
>How about the Cell Block 7, original Texas version, which had our DJML
>buddy
>Tommy Loy (may he rest in peace) on trumpet? . . .

And I'd also like to add that Tommy was also in the current version of the
Cell Block 7. He played several festivals with the band including the
Edinburgh Jazz Festival last fall. The earlier band in Texas was the
inspiration for today's Cell Block 7.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Percussionist - Cell Block 7" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com