[Dixielandjazz] Easiest instrument - case in point

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Feb 23 14:31:00 PST 2003

Au contraire! Alan Vache told me the story first hand and Randy verified it.
As to the chops- believe me you don't gain those kinds of chops without some
serious woodshedding to be able to go back and forth -- trust me on this as
that is what I do and it ain't easy.
Then there is the matter of slide positions vs. valves. To reach the ability
he did in that short time was a matter of both ability, hours of hard-nosed
practice and few can do it in the amount of time that he had. So we are
talking about a real TALENT -- almost heaven granted ability  merged with
desire and hard effort. So as far as I am concerned this is  not your
average two horn, two mechanical reflex -- my friend Randy is a true genius
in what he accomplished.
Don Ingle