[Dixielandjazz] Question !

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 18:46:39 PST 2003

In answer to Bob Romans' question George Thurmond wrote:

>My vote is in the "other" category.  It's got to be the washboard - hands
>down!

I would probably say the same thing but with reservations. ANYONE can hit a
washboard but to "play" it is another matter entirely. Same thing is true
with drums. Take timpani - four tuned drums and anyone can take a mallet and
just whang away but to perform in a symphony requires a bit more than a
sense of rhythm and enthusiasm for kettle drums!

If you want a "other" category instrument may I recommend the kazoo!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Washboard Whanger" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com