[Dixielandjazz] update

Duane or Helen woodewing at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 19:47:25 PST 2003

Hi Meg and Big George,

We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  (You've probably had your
questions answered by now.)

Jazz Salvation Company really is a thing of the past.  Funny thing--after
Tom Barnebey announced the end of the group's run, they got lots of calls
to play!  They've agreed to do some "reunion gigs" next year, so we'll keep
you posted.

All of the band members are now playing with other groups.  Bill Badstubner
is with the Hot Chamber Music Society, which includes Dave Frey, Jim
Gammon, Candy Woodworth, Jan Stiers, Soren Bloch and Paul Widdess.  We
don't have an email address, but the phone number is 707 546 2526 or 707
545 2537.  Dave Frey and Jim Brennan are in a couple of other bands--The
Fourth Street Five, (which is becoming wildly popular in northern
California) led by Ron Dubin, and The San Francisco Starlight
Orchestra.  Dave's web site,  www.banjobook.com, gives info about both
groups.  Tom Barnebey and Red Thomas keep busy working with various bands
in the Santa Rosa area.  Duane is currently with a Modesto-based swing band
called Velvet Jazz.  Their first cd, released last summer, is selling
well.  Some sample tunes, including one from JSC's last cd (now sold out)
are on our web site, www.duaneewing.com.  We update the site regularly and
send a "snail mail" newsletter quarterly (or as close to it as we can
get!).  If you'd like to be on our mailing list, please send us your address.

Best wishes,
Duane and Helen