[Dixielandjazz] Re: Appalling English Usage

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 16 13:13:57 PST 2003

Dear Pat,
Re: Fran K Sinatra and "exemption/ exeption (sic)"
Mildred Bailey (if I recall correctly) mangles a song lyric word (several times,
on both takes of a mid 1930s record).
But me ole brain ain't workin' too good to-die.
I probably NEED a few beers (which I may manage at our gig this arvo).
I will post the info if/when it comes to me.
"My Way", made famous by Frank Sinatra, was written in 1967 by 3 Frenchmen,
Giles Thibaut (lyrics) with Claude Francois and Jacques Revaux (music) using the
title "Comme d'habitude'.
Paul Anka wrote the famous English lyrics about doing things his "way" in 1969.
Kind regards,
Bill.