[Dixielandjazz] Barnes' bio

glen page gpage at direct.ca
Sat Feb 15 15:17:24 PST 2003

Hi Bill and DJML,

If Bill does not know this I will stop drinking, at least momentarily.

Carr, Fairweather and Priestley's "Jazz , The Essential Companion" give a
bio.which mentions a "spectacular breakup after a quarrel" with Pizzarelli
in1972 after which, in1973 "Barnes teamed up with Ruby Braff in a dazzling
quartet, one of the greatest small groups in all jazz. By 1975, though, the
finely honed sensitivities of the co-leaders had drawn sparks and the group
ended".

Not really my bag but seems as though some may like to know.

Cheers, Glen.