[Dixielandjazz] Impending New York Visit

Tom Duncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Thu Feb 13 10:38:42 PST 2003

Jazz Jerry writes on Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:07:30 EST, in part:

>>hoping to catch some music in the traditional to mainstream styles whilst
in the Big Apple. Any suggestions,please? <<

Jerry, bring warm clothing and try . . . .
Birdland . . . http://www.birdlandjazz.com/main.html . . especially . .
	Tuesday, February 18  Duke Ellington Orchestra directed by Paul Mercer
Ellington & Jack Jeffers  and from 5:30-7:30pm
    David Ostwald's Louis Armstrong Centennial Band (This group is
long-running and well worth the listen)
Also, I highly recommend "The Cajun", especially Vince Giordano and the
Nighthawks on Mondays and Thursdays
          http://jazzatthecajun.citysearch.com/

>>I hope the reports are embellishing the truth as usual and life in New
York is pretty much normal. Any guidance?<<

Yes, again, bring warm clothing and enjoy the visit.

Regards,

Tom Duncan