[Dixielandjazz] Antivirus trick

Williams, Bob robert.c.williams at eds.com
Wed Feb 12 12:30:58 PST 2003

Y'all:

Before this thread inspires the wrath of the content police, which should be
any second now, may I most heartily recommend AVG 6.0, which is a FREE virus
protection program that, as far as I'm concerned, totally kicks butt on any
competing product out there, commercial or not.  Including and especially
Norton.

I've been using it for a couple years.  It is easy to set up, will run a
daily scan of your whole system that you can schedule, updates itself
periodically with no involvement from you but an occasional reboot, and will
scan all your incoming and outgoing mail.  Very cool program.

Check it out at http://www.grisoft.com.

While I have no affiliation with this company, and recommend it only out of
deep affection for this group, and perhaps a mild sense of propitiation
after all the lead sheets I've been sent when I should have just written
them out myself, the lazy bastard, if you want to send me a dollar or two, I
won't object.

That was a joke.

Bob "Soupy" Williams
The World's Most Modest Man and
The Noumenal Leader of the Wooden Nickel Jass Band
<http://wnjb.com>