[Dixielandjazz] Al Hirt, Bob Havens, and Eternity

Bryan Livett livett at rogers.com
Wed Feb 12 08:56:34 PST 2003

Hey Jim I think we must be musical twins, separated at birth....a typical
set by my band, Swing Machine, might include Basin St. Blues, Emily (in
3/4), Doxy, Curse of an Aching Heart, St. Thomas, Night and Day, Bourbon St.
Parade, All the Things You Are and Walking Shoes and tends to reflect our
listening tastes as a group of musicians;  if we like the tune, we play it!
Our audiences like the variety, and reflect the broad scope of the music
demographically from younger to older, dancers and listeners, families and
individuals.  Visiting musicians also like it and our sessions are often
graced with good jazz players who just like to sit in with our versatile
rhythm section.

Pigeon-holes are for pigeons!

Bryan