[Dixielandjazz] plungers

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Tue Feb 11 09:06:37 PST 2003

 At 07:45 09-02-03, Bill Biffle wrote:
> >Any words from the wise ones out there as to the >>proper use of a
plunger on
> >brass instruments?

Yes, use it on the large end of the horn, and blow into the small end.  :-)
    Seriously, there are no authorities on the 'proper' way to use a plunger
with a brass instrument. I have never seen a book on the subject, but I'm
sure there are a few on the list who might be inspired to write one, given
the fact that the subject has been so neglected in the literary world.
    A book that would probably sell better would be a list of "improper"
ways to use a plunger (with or without a brass instrument).  :-)
Pat Cooke