[Dixielandjazz] Not exactly everybody's OKOM, but worth checking out! "Welcome to the Club"

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sun Feb 9 10:40:26 PST 2003

Hi all,

I was watching my local PBS station last night and saw this documentary
on women stars of Rockabilly - "Welcome to the Club"

While there were no direct links between Rockabilly and Dixie/trad
mentioned (nor do I know of any,)   it was an interesting look at this
style of music from it's origins in the early 1950s to the current
revival scene.

http://www.pbs.org/itvs/welcometotheclub/

check it out when it comes to your local station!

Dave Richoux