[Dixielandjazz] Hello, Trad Jazz Fans - Mardi Gras party and other fun jazz stuff...

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dixielandjazz at myexcel.com
Sat Feb 8 15:30:20 PST 2003

Hi, Trad Jazz Fans. Here's the latest Creole Dixieland Jazz Band news.

Dave

===========

The several-times-a-year internet newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. *** If you do not want to receive any more emails about the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band, just reply and let us know. ***

Greetings, Jazz Fan!

JOIN US FOR MARDI GRAS!
The annual Mardi Gras celebration at Arris' Pizza is set for Fat Tuesday, March 4, 2003. You are invited! Please attend one of the two sessions that evening: 5:30-7:30 p.m. or 7:30-9:00 p.m. Of course, The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band will be there, as always, to provide that great New Orleans jazz but we'll also be giving away lots of free stuff like shirts, caps, beads, gift certificates to Arris', and more! MAKE A RESERVATION NOW: 417-881-7260. Let them know which session you wish to attend. For details on this and other upcoming gigs, go to our website at http://www.CreoleJazz.com. See you there!

OUR LATEST CD - "Messin' Around"
It seems our latest CD, "Messin' Around", is a hit! It's being played on "Dixieland Gumbo" a "Live365" internet radio station that plays only trad jazz 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hear the Creole Band along with other great groups at: http://www.live365.com/stations/63607. The CD was recently reviewed by the Jazz Gazette, an online magazine based in Belgium that specializes in traditional jazz. Read our review (and those of a bunch of other good CDs) at: http://www.thejazzgazette.be

SERTOMA CHILI COOKOFF
The CDJB is proud to be part of the lineup at this year's Sertoma Club Chili Cookoff to benefit the Springfield Boys and Girls clubs. We're playing at 11 a.m. Saturday, February 15. The event will be held at the University Plaza Trade Center. For details on this and other upcoming gigs, go to our website at http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

SCOTT JOPLIN RAGTIME FESTIVAL
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band is proud to be part of the all-star lineup at the 2003 Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival in Sedalia, Missouri. While the festival runs June 5-8, the CDJB will be performing on Saturday, June 7 only. For ticket information see http://www.scottjoplin.org.

GREAT TUNES!
Lately you've heard us play: "Snake Rag", "Sweet Georgia Brown", "Trouble In Mind", "By and By", and lots of other good traditional jazz tunes. Come request your favorite every Sunday night, 6:30 till 8:30.

GREAT PLAYERS!
Terrific players have helped us recently: Billy Hunt (cornet), Lee Smith (cornet, trombone & piano), Jerry Hoover (clarinet/sop sax), Dick Turner (clarinet), Red Ormsbee (trombone), Harry Beckett (piano), Jerry Haden (vocals), Daniel Hancock (piano), Mike Marois (tuba), Steve Griggs (tuba), Steve Mann (vocals), Rudy Stretesky (vocal), Robin Hendry (drums), Ron Fink (drums). For a complete list of our players and guests, see our webpage: http://www.creolejazz.com.

EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT - STILL!
We're still at Arris' Pizza every Sunday night from 6:30 till 8:30 playing hot, New Orleans Dixieland jazz and are just having a blast! It is recommended that you make a reservation as Arris' is full nearly every Sunday night: 417-881-7260.

THANK YOU
Thanks for your continued support of live jazz. A steady, live, Dixieland jazz job is a rare thing and your attendance on Sunday nights helps keep this great American traditional music alive. Thank you!

Please share this email with anyone you know who likes traditional, New Orleans Dixieland jazz. See you Sunday!

Dave Gravatt
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
http://www.creolejazz.com
Springfield, Missouri
417-581-5626
Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republic Road (between Fremont & National) in Springfield, Missouri, 417-881-7260.