[Dixielandjazz] Texas Liberal Answers

Jazz Maven JazzMaven at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 7 07:59:01 PST 2003

Mr. Hooks:

I am a hard-working Texas entrepreneur who happens to be a
"Liberal".  Let's see how Webster (as opposed to Rush) defines "Liberal":

a.  Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or
authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

b.  Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and
tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

I think that somes up my attitudes pretty well.  So, if you find liberalism
so distasteful, what does that make you?  Intolerant?  A
bigot?  Narrow-minded?  Pick your poison.

I value your opinions within the musical realm but find your political
aspersions to be worth a "bucket of warm spit" as John Nance (Cactus Jack)
Garner would say.

Monte Price
Texas Liberal and Damn Proud of It