[Dixielandjazz] Jim Beebe

Charlie Hooks charliehooks at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 08:23:02 PST 2003

on 2/5/03 12:26 AM, Kaye Wade at kayewade at earthlink.net wrote:

> I think he sends all these negative messages about people just to stir
> things up - so I will delete anything that comes from him.

    If you do that, you are making a mistake, Kaye.  There is, indeed, an
"imp of the perverse" in Jim Beebe--as there surely is in Steve Barbone and
other folk I admire.  But Jim Beebe has (literally) forgotten more about
OKOM ensemble playing than most of us will learn.  And his mind is always
surprising and unpredictable: I'm always interested in where he will go
next.  Put it this way: I've known him well for thirty years, and he can
still surprise me with ease.  I find that fascinating.

Charlie