[Dixielandjazz] Jazz singers

Goggin, Brian (Dublin) GoggiBri at exchange.ie.ml.com
Tue Feb 4 12:08:47 PST 2003

Before we take any vote now - let me get accross exactly what I meant before
I'm branded prejudiced or a bigot.
Maybe I was sweeping, but this is what I meant:

I didn't say all pre-war jazz fans don't like singing and only like
instrumentals.
In pre-war Jazz (as opposed to Crooners, dance music, semi-jazzbig band
music), I would think the main focus for most of us is the instruments, as
opposed to singers.
I said an occasional vocal is fine and I enjoy Louis, Jelly and Fats but the
main interest is instrumental.