[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Record Sales and Performance Venue Trends

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 20:59:52 PST 2003

Oops, correction on that NPR website. The correct site is:

www.npr.org/programs/jazzprofiles/ archive/new_generation.html

Th previous site I sent was for one of the interviews only.

Sorry
Cheers,
Steve Barbone

BTW. At another site I saw the claim that over 31% of all traditional
jazz record sales in 2001 were the Ken Burns titles from the show.
"traditional jazz", includes most genres till the present time as
opposed to "contempory jazz" which is Kenny G, The Rippingtons etc.
Also, 2001 was the first year traditional jazz records out sold
contemporary jazz records. Somewhere around 2 million records each with
trad up by about 100,000.

If interested, search Google for "Jazz Record Sales".