[Dixielandjazz] Sheet music?

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Sat Feb 1 11:30:02 PST 2003

If she can find a midi version of the song, she can download that to her
computer, then open it in some notation processor.  I use Noteworthy
Composer, which has a shareware version available.  There are others online
too, but I find NWC is elegantly simple to use, gives a decent output, and
is very easy to learn.  Check this listing of software:
http://ace.acadiau.ca/score/others.htm

I don't know if she can print from the unlicensed version of NWC, but if
she likes it, the program is inexpensive to buy, and she'd be able to print
the untransposed parts she wants.

Midi recordings made by recording from a midi keyboard aren't always
precise, though, and there's likely to be a lot of clutter such as 64th
notes due to inaccuracies in playing.

David in Delta