[Dixielandjazz] Ken Burns' Jazz

Dave Hanson davehanson at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 1 13:49:44 PST 2003

The Ken Burns series on Jazz, by all accounts, has some distortions and has
omitted various artists that contributed greatly to developing the wonderful
world of "JAZZ".

I would suggest that we be a little more objective and relish the old clips
and sound tracks presented as I found them to be most interesting. Ken Burns
might not have captured the complete essence of "JAZZ", but no one else has
even tried, so for that I give him a big "thanks".

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta