[Dixielandjazz] Happy New Year 2004

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Wed Dec 31 14:57:13 PST 2003

List mates

I want to wish everyone on the list the best of everything for the new
year 2004. Health, happiness or contentment, and success, in whatever it
may be that you are involved in, during the year.

Because of the failure of the Victoria Jazz Party I have a particular
concern for Dixieland Jazz Festivals everywhere. I would like to take
this opportunity to personally thank all who participated in these
festivals in the past. Your efforts have provided great music and
entertainment and enjoyment over a period of many years (prime example;
Sacramento, approx 30 years?) and I am just one voice to say, thank you
very much! Without your efforts live Dixieland music would not have been
available to so many communities and so many people the world over. It
would have been a sadder world for many of us if the music had been
allowed do dwindle away as it was before you rescued it. The thought of
only hearing this music as recorded by the so called greats of the past
is daunting, to me at least.

So my wish, for 2004, is that you can find new energy and dedication to
keep up the good work as in the past and that hopefully you can find
some new and intriguing ideas to keep your fans interest and to attract
new interest as well.

I have a varied interest in music but Dixieland has always held the No 1
spot for me.

Good Fortune

Len Nielsen
Victoria Canada