[Dixielandjazz] "If ever I cease to love"

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLiveMusic.com
Wed Dec 24 20:13:06 PST 2003

Sheik;

That tune is on Volume 6: Mardi Gras Time with The Dukes of Dixieland
AFLP-1862 and AFSD-5862 released in 1958.  I'll have my cousin check the
liner notes to see if they mention the importance of the tune at Mardi Gras.
BTW, if you all get a chance check out the new site look and feel at
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com .  I've made a lot of improvements
especially in the discography by converting it to an online database
application.  I'm still working on a few items, namely the site search,
feedback form, and message board.  Hopefully these items will be fixed on
12/25/03.

Let me know what you think,
Mike Marois

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com]On Behalf Of David W.
Littlefield
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 4:14 PM
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] "If ever I cease to love"

How important, why, and most crucially, in what way, is the place of
 "If ever I cease to love" in the NO Mardi Gras tradition?

I'm considering the tune for "DixFBv2" and want to add a note explaining
why it's there. It's on a "Dukes of Dixieland" Audio Fidelity album, one of
those Mardi Gras compilations has it, and someone sent me music for re a
gig it 20 years ago.

Thanks.
--Sheik