[Dixielandjazz] BSJB CD - Live at West Chester University Jazz Festival

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 19:30:38 PST 2003

Just got Barbone Street's latest CD back from the replicator. Basic info
below.

Recorded Live at West Chester University Jazz Festival Feb 2003. Mix of
Evolutionary Dixieland and Straight Ahead Jazz. 74 minutes, 38 seconds
of music. 5 instrumentals, 8 vocals with Ms. Connie Rainis, one of
Philadelphia's own wonderful singers. Theme of the Festival was "Women
in Jazz" and Connie is our local favorite jazz woman.

High Energy  - Totally Unrehearsed - Jam Session Atmosphere. Heavy snows
prevented rehearsals, we thought we would get canceled, etc. Did not
decide on songs until 20 minutes before show time. Did not use charts,
even though we never performed with Connie before, as a band. I had done
some things with her, but nobody else had. We figured the use of charts
would only emasculate the performance. Besides we are all fans of the
Jam sessions Norman Granz did in the 40s and 50s and this was like a
deja vu for us. VERY MUCH FUN.

To order, send $15 to Steve Barbone, 124 Lower Hopewell Rd, Oxford PA
19363 and I'll send it return mail.

Margie
I've Got The World On A String (V)
Skylark  (V)
The Million Dollar Secret (V)
You're Nobody's Sweetheart Now
Honeysuckle Rose (V)
Route 66 (V)
That's Why The Call Me Shine
Mood Indigo (V)
Speak Low (V)
Hackensack (Lady Be Good)
Teach Me Tonight (V)
Sweet Georgia Brown

If nothing else, it is OKOM WITH BALLS. Plus everyone on the list should
enjoy "The Million Dollar Secret" because it is us. ;-) If other old
folks OKOM bands aren't playing and singing this one, shame on you.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone