[Dixielandjazz] Henry Cuesta - RIP/ Additional

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Dec 22 11:26:03 PST 2003

Henry was the nephew of Ernie Caceres and Emelio Caceres, and was of a very
musical family with many others good players. He got a lot of his early
violin inspiration from his uncle Emelio who was a world class jazz and
legit violinist. And of course Ernie Caceres place in reeds among the jazz
ranks is top of the list.
Met him several times but knew his uncle Emelio thanks to my dad's
friendship with him from the '30's, better. This is a great loss, and we not
only lose a fine player but a very lovely, gentle fellow well liked by his
fellow players. Adios to a good player.
Don Ingle