[Dixielandjazz] Re: Tom Wiggins and Fairness

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Fri Dec 19 13:20:04 PST 2003

Oh, Doubting Thomas, don't judge me so harshly .   Steve will
undoubtedly reply to my thread, whether or not you do.

I'm sure I stepped on many a tender toe, but one of the joys of
pre-conceived, narrow-minded ignorance is the proverbial joy it brings
to the hater.  Being negative allows me to hate with pleasure all the
bad music that so welll deserves it.

I do live in lhe world of Louis, Fats, Art Tatum, Benny and all the
geniuses who brought such joy to the world, many of whlom are still
doing so.  I'm much too old to experiment with rehabilitation.

If fairness and open-mindedness causes one to compromise his beliefs,
then,to quote Samuel Goldwyn, include me out.

Cheers, Harold Smith