[Dixielandjazz] Gaslamp San Diego Mardi Gras

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Thu Dec 18 11:26:11 PST 2003

Took Steve Barbone's suggestion and clicked on the Gaslamp
Organization's upcoming Mardi Gras bash.

Am not at all shocked by what these people propose to present in lieu of
music at this festive occasion.  My perlsonal favorite group name is
"The Disco Pimps", which ought to, all by itself, validate the famous H.
L. Mencken quotation about nobody ever going broke underestimating the
intelligence of the American Public.

San Diego is abundant in good, even great, jazz bands and players.  They
ought to attend this bash and mace the Planning Committee as part of the
evening's entertainment.

That'd be a whole lot more fun than listening to the Disco Pimps, et.
al.

Oh, yeah, and I noted they even had a Disc Jockey listed as part of the
"entertainment".

Have fun, San Diego.

Harold Smith