[Dixielandjazz] Your Weirdest Gig

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 17 23:27:32 PST 2003

Working with Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band for four years meant four years
of weird gigs. However, one of *my* other bands had to dress as cavemen
and play in front of the skeleton of a massive dinosaur at the British
Natural History Museum. Being the roadie this dress code didn't apply
to myself but at another gig, the prestigious annual Festival of Speed at
Brands Hatch, even I had to wear a tux, bow tie etc., except when setting
and striking the stage. All rather pointless really for one 45 minute set.

Can only recall one political gig when we drove to Bremen to play three 10
minute sets between the speeches at an SDP rally. A long way to go for such
short playing times, but we were well paid and looked after but with two or
more hours between sets, it was a long, long evening.
~=~
 John,
        Suffolk, England.
                    ?