[Dixielandjazz] Political Gigs - as wierd gigs

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 17 15:21:48 PST 2003

Played for Nelson Rockefeller's party at his election to the
Governorship of New York Sate 50 odd years ago. As he signed the banjo
player's banjo head he was talking to us about the average working man
in the state. Said he, trying to connect with us average folks:  "Take
your average worker, you know, guys like you making about $100,000,". .
. WHAT?

Rats, I thought, I just voted for this man, and he doesn't have a clue.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone