[Dixielandjazz] Glenn Miller

Dave Hanson jazzdude at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 15 19:56:07 PST 2003

 George,

I'm not as old as the audience you are writing to, but I do remember the
story about Glenn and the search that went on after he went missing. As I
recall the story, the Navy and Army Air Corps. searched for almost a week
with no success. When an official was asked by a reporter why the search was
called off, his response was, "Well, he was just a trombone player".

Does anyone remember this story ?.......Fact or fiction ?

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta