[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 12, Extra Pay for lNew Year's Eve

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Sun Dec 14 15:20:51 PST 2003

Please pardon me for being one of those greedy, money-grubbing,
obscenely avaricious musicians who expect to get a few hundred bucks for
playing on New Year's Eve.

I humbly apologize for having no sense of altruism or any other form of
shame .Insead, I should hang up my horn and take the old lady out to
some joint, where I can expect to ay four or five times the normal cost
to eat a meal, wear a funny hat, and drink a bottle of cheap champagne
(worlth about 5.95 retail) which is included in the price of $100 per
person, which, of course, does include a loast beef dinner, worth
$16.95.

Seems we have a cadre of lecturers on this list who wish to judge all by
the yardstick of their own ethical prohibitions.

Enough, already.

Harold Smth