[Dixielandjazz] RICO VALLESE Cornet/trumpet player

George G. Loring giddygid at excite.com
Wed Dec 10 14:29:29 PST 2003

I am seeking information about Rico Vallese, a cornet/trumpet player who came from Providence, RI, but who lived and worked on the West Coast. Did anybody out there know him, or work with him etc.? The only examples of his playing that I have heard were the sides made by "LaVere's Chicago Loopers" for the Jump label 2/21/50. but he apparently recorded
with Joe Alexander 6/2/47, Kid Ory 2/20/54 (recorded at the "Hangover Club"), and "the Okeefenokee Jug Band"November 1954.I have a notation that at some point he worked with Bud Freeman,Ben Pollack, and Rosy Mc Hargue, but did not make a note of where I got this information from.
Here's hoping.

GIDDY GID