[Dixielandjazz] Re: Tasteless thread - Was music for Gays

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 13:54:20 PST 2003

> "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com>  wrote (polite snip)
>
> Also, there is an apparently quite popular TV show going on currently called
> "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" --
>
> Perhaps we should stop that one also!

There is a big difference between "gay bashing" which is what our thread turned into and the TV show named above. As Bill points out, it is quite
popular here in the USA. Probably, because it treats the subject matter with good hearted humor. Personally enjoyed by my wife and I after we first
watched it.

I would urge others to watch it before passing judgment.

Gays are a fact of life, always have been, always will be. Get used to it. Why, some Gays are even OKOM musicians and/or part of the fan base. So
what?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone