[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 12, Issue 18 = Mack the Knife

Norrie Thomson jnt at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 23:04:45 PST 2003

I think that you'll find that it was Turk Murphy who first popularised 'Mack
The Knife'.  He did the arrangement for Louis who offered a flat rate
payment of $300 or a percentage of the royalties.  Turk took the $300

The 'Threepenny Opera' was based on the 'Beggar's Opera'
Norrie Thomson
Edinburgh
Scotland