[Dixielandjazz] Music for Gays (OKOM titles)

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Tue Dec 9 12:16:10 PST 2003

There area few OKOM recordings that might be included - I have not
heard most of them. Also, check out the recordings of the now disbanded
Chrysthanthimum Ragtime Band of San Francisco for more such things.

Dave Richoux
Masculine Women, Feminine Men" performed by Merritt Brunies and his
Orch., Okey 40593

Hey Hey women are going mad, today
Hey Hey fellers are just as bad, I'll say
Go anywhere, just stand and stare
You'll say they're bugs when you look at the clothes they wear

Masculine Women Feminine Men
which is the rooster which is the hen
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
And SAY...
Sister is busy learning to shave
Brother just loves his permanent wave
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
HEY HEY
Girls were girls and boys were boys when i was a tot,
Now we don't know who is who or even whats what
Knickers and trousers baggy and wide,
Nobody knows who's walking inside
Those Masculine Women Feminine Men

Masculine Women Feminine Men
which is the rooster which is the hen
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
And SAY...
Auntie is smoking, rolling her own,
Uncle is always buying cologne
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
HEY HEY
You go and give your girl a kiss in the hall
But instead you find you're kissing her brother Paul
Mama's got a sweater up to her chin,
Papa's got a girtle holding him in
Those Masculine Women Feminine Men

Stop, Look, Listen and you'll agree... with me
Things are not what they used to be... you'll see
You say hello to Uncle Joe,
Then look again and you find it's your Aunti Flo

Masculine Women Feminine Men
which is the rooster which is the hen
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
And SAY...
Wifey is playing billiards and pool,
Hubby is dressing kiddies for school
It's hard to tell 'em apart today
HEY HEY
Ever since the Prince of Wales in dresses was seen,
What does he intend to be the King or the Queen
Grandmother buys those tailor-made clothes
Grandfather tries to smell like a rose
Those Masculine Women Feminine Men

and from a 1995 CD compilation on Pearl Records "Masculine Women &
Feminine Men" (for some unknown reason when you find this on Amazon.com
it shows a picture of an album by someone called Tim Timmermans - I
have no clue!)

1. The Bride - George Robey
2. Monty From Monte-Carlo - Vesta Tilley
3. Introduce Me To The Lady - Vesta Tilley
4. The Pro's Landlady - George Robey
5. Why Did I Kiss That Girl? - Ella Shields
6. I'm Not All There - Ella Shields
7. The Mermaid - Will Evans
8. The Widow Of Col. De Tracey - George Robey
9. Aunt Matilda - Vesta Tilley
10. What Do I Want With A Man? - Tom Wootwell
11. Molly McGlory - Gertie Gitana
12. Good Queen Bess - George Robey
13. Where Are The Girls - Vesta Tilley
14. Gladys,The Girl Guide - G.S. Melvin
15. What Does A Sailor Care? - Hetty King
16. Fill 'Em Up! - Hetty King
17. Naughty Nellie Gwyn - Douglas Byng
18. Flora McDonald - Douglas Byng
19. Tell Her The Old, Old Story - Hetty King
20. At The Ball - Douglas Byng
21. Let's Make A Night Of It - Vesta Tilley