[Dixielandjazz] FW: Antique Store Fire

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Tue Dec 9 07:46:30 PST 2003

Thought I'd forward this message from Rich Johnson of the Bix Beiderbecke
Memorial Jazz Festival.

Hi All: There was a serious fire at the Riverbend Antique Store in downtown
Davenport last night. The store was a part of the former Haines Dancing
School where Bix played his first gig using his own name. I am sure that
many of you have visited the store when you in Davenport.I can't report how
much damage was done but it looks bad!. If you check Tuesday's (Dec. 9),
Quad City Times newspaper, you can read about it. Rich