[Dixielandjazz] My favorite blues lyric

JackleeT at aol.com JackleeT at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 14:22:56 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/6/2003 11:08:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lswain at penrose.com writes:

> The Martin Mull joke was, I think, done on a funny television show he
> did called "(something) Tonight" - a sort of talk show from some small
> midwestern town that was a parody of talk shows and it made me really
> laugh.
>   I deemed it a work of genius.

I agree -- the show -- "Fernwood Tonight" -- was terrific.

and speaking of favorite blues lyrics, many years ago i heard pianist erskine
butterfield sing, "I tipped up to the window, peeked into the screen, and
what I seen you doing, I know your mouth ain't clean....."

Jack Tracy