[Dixielandjazz] Re: The economics of OKOM

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 5 14:01:35 PST 2003

> Mr. Wonderful <ringwald at calweb.com> wrote (polite snip)

about his trip to the Carlyle to see Woody Allen:

> Yes, Woody was there.
>
> A new company has purchased the Carlyle and the new policy is, "Everyone
> pays the cover."  The musicians can no longer sign you in.  They cannot even
> bring their wives.
>
> Cover is $50 at the bar & $75 at a table.
>
> We sat at the bar.  I had one glass of sparkling water with a lime & my
> daughter Molly had one glass of wine.  Our tab was $160.

Questions:

Who said you can't charge long green to hear OKOM? ;-)

Did Molly order the most expensive wine on the menu? ;-)

Can Woody bring his wife? :-)

Given Woody's grip on a buck, does the rest of the band make more than 802 Scale? ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS. Wonder if the rest of the band gets more than Local 802 AFM scale? And can Woody
bring his wife?