[Dixielandjazz] Re: I Am Back

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Fri Dec 5 07:53:01 PST 2003

I wrote in part, regarding my recent trip to NY:

> on 5/12/03 7:44 AM, Robert S. Ringwald at ringwald at calweb.com wrote:
> >Also sat in at the Cajun, Birdland & with Woody Allen's band at the
Carlyle.<

Bill Haesler asks:

>  Just wondering.
> Did you have to pay the cover charge?
> Was HE there?
> 8>)

Yes, Woody was there.

A new company has purchased the Carlyle and the new policy is, "Everyone
pays the cover."  The musicians can no longer sign you in.  They cannot even
bring their wives.

Cover is $50 at the bar & $75 at a table.

We sat at the bar.  I had one glass of sparkling water with a lime & my
daughter Molly had one glass of wine.  Our tab was $160.

After I played & Molly sang a number, the manager voided the credit card
which we had already paid.  He invited us to come back anytime.

Molly sang "Oh Daddy" & was spectacular.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA  USA