[Dixielandjazz] Ken Slater RIP

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Thu Dec 4 15:17:17 PST 2003

From: John in Suffolk "Dingo" <roadie at btinternet.com>

"My husband Ken Slater died Nov.19th. I would like to thank you all for the
internet company you provided for him in recent months when he has been so
poorly. For his funeral we played Ronnie Scott's "I'm glad there is you" and
Elgar's "Nimrod" from the Enigma Variations.
Yours gratefully,
George-Anne Slater"

Dear John and George-Anne,
Sorry to hear of this. I don't have Ronnie Scott's version, but with Ken in
mind, I did play "I'm Glad There is You" (title track of Russ Phillips' new
CD) while re-reading the humble bio he submitted last June. I wonder how far
he got with his murder mystery featuring an IT-savvy, jazz-loving detective.
My condolences to "G-Anne," his son and daughter, and all his friends.
Love and hugs,
Nancy