[Dixielandjazz] Re: Greenspan

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 4 14:50:24 PST 2003

Oh Oh. Hope the query doesn't distract them from their fiscal responsibilities.
;-)

Had he played (and stayed) with Woody, and kept those books like he did for
Henry Jerome, Woody would never have gotten in so much fiscal trouble later in
life. He died penniless, living in his former Hollywood Hills house because of
the largess of the guy who bought it years earlier when Herman ran out of money
still owing the tax man, and had to sell it.

As happened to many other high earning artists and athletes, Herman 's
"advisors" and "accountants"  ripped him off and left him destitute.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone