[Dixielandjazz] Who's Mabel

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Thu Dec 4 08:34:44 PST 2003

Just remembered another Mabel song - don't think anybody listed it yet:
  - "Hello Mabel" by the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.
It was done in a sort of OKOM style in the 1960s. More on this band and
how it  fit into the British Trad scene can be found at:
http://www.iankitching.me.uk/music/bonzos/Index.Html

Dave Richoux

Hello Mabel
  Intro: You know, people may say that it will never do
             But I can't help the way I feel when I'm with you

          Hello Mabel, are you able to come out today?
          It's a lovely day, won't you come and stay?
          Hello Mabel, if you're able, slip out on your own
          Leave your chaperone so we can be alone

          People may say that it will never do
          But I can't help the way...

          Hello Mabel, if you're able say you'll come please do
          For an hour or two
          You know I love you

          Mmm.. that's nice

          Hello Mabel!
          Hiya, fellas

          People may say it will never do
          But I can't help the way
          I feel when I'm walking out with you

          Hello Mabel, if you're able say you'll come please do
          For an hour or two
          You know I love you
          Shoodela bee,
          Shoodela wasp